applying for ministerial intervention

How to request Ministerial Intervention

This fact sheet explains how to write a letter to request Ministerial Intervention.

It has information for people who want to ask the Minister:

  • to grant a visa due to unique or exceptional circumstances
  • for permission to make another protection visa
  • for a visa grant from detention
  • for permission to move from closed detention to community detention
  • an exemption from transfer offshore processing if they are subject to transfer to Nauru or PNG

This fact sheet was prepared by our friends at RACS.