PLEASE NOTE: Bridging Visa expiry times have changed recently. We will be updating our fact sheets shortly.
This fact sheet is for people who are already in detention. It includes information about:
- how to apply for a Bridging Visa
- what conditions a Bridging Visa will have
- what you can do if your Bridging Visa application is refused
This fact sheet is for people who are in the community and arrived by boat. It includes information about:
- what to do if you do not have a Bridging Visa
- how to apply for Medicare
- what to do if you do not have an ImmiCard
- how to find out if you have work rights
- what to do if you have a Bridging Visa E
- what happens when your Bridging visa expires
This fact sheet was prepared by our friends at RACS.