Fact sheets about Bridging Visas are available on our Bridging Visas page. These fact sheets have information for people in detention and people in the community.
This fact sheet is for people who:
- have been granted a TPV; AND
- now want to apply for a SHEV instead.
If your TPV has been cancelled, or your think you think your TPV will be cancelled on character grounds, please see our information about visa cancellation.
Information for people who want to apply for a SHEV pre-decision
If you have lodged a TPV application, you should not withdraw your application. You should wait for a decision to be made on your TPV application.
The Minister for Immigration has announced that people who arrived by boat will not be allowed to apply for a TPV or SHEV from 1 October 2017. If you withdraw your TPV application, you may be stopped from applying for a visa in Australia, including a further TPV or SHEV.
This fact sheet is for people who have:
- applied for a TPV or a SHEV; AND
- received a refusal decision from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection; AND
- have been referred to the Immigration Assessment Authority (IAA).
This information is suitable for you if:
- you came to Australia by boat after 13 August 2012
- the Department of Immigration and Border Protection has refused your application for a visa because it said you are not a refugee or entitled to complementary protection
- the Immigration Assessment Authority reviewed your case and agreed with the Department's decision
- you live in Western Australia
This fact sheet for people who have been granted a Temporary Protection Visa (TPV). It is also available in other languages.
This fact sheet for people who have been granted a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV). It is also available in other languages.
This fact sheet is for people who have TPV or SHEV and would like to travel outside of Australia.
Can't find the information you are looking for? The Humanitarian Group provides assistance to people who arrived by boat via our free and confidential legal advice drop in service at the Asylum Seeker Hub on Tuesdays, 2pm to 5pm at Riverview Church, 1 Thorogood Street, Burswood.